Proper study guides for 412-79v10 EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) V10 certified begins with preparation products which designed to deliver the by making you pass the 412-79v10 test at your first time. Try the free right now.
Free demo questions for EC-Council 412-79v10 Exam Dumps Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
The framework primarily designed to fulfill a methodical and organized way of addressing five threat classes to network and that can be used to access, plan, manage, and maintain secure computers and communication networks is:
- A. Nortells Unified Security Framework
- B. The IBM Security Framework
- C. Bell Labs Network Security Framework
- D. Microsoft Internet Security Framework
NEW QUESTION 2
Which one of the following Snort logger mode commands is associated to run a binary log file through Snort in sniffer mode to dump the packets to the screen?
- A. ./snort -dvr packet.log icmp
- B. ./snort -dev -l ./log
- C. ./snort -dv -r packet.log
- D. ./snort -l ./log –b
NEW QUESTION 3
Rule of Engagement (ROE) is the formal permission to conduct a pen-test. It provides top-level guidance for conducting the penetration testing. Various factors are considered while preparing the scope of ROE which clearly explain the limits associated with the security test.
Which of the following factors is NOT considered while preparing the scope of the Rules of Engagment (ROE)?
- A. A list of employees in the client organization
- B. A list of acceptable testing techniques
- C. Specific IP addresses/ranges to be tested
- D. Points of contact for the penetration testing team
NEW QUESTION 4
Which of the following is the range for assigned ports managed by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)?
- A. 3001-3100
- B. 5000-5099
- C. 6666-6674
- D. 0 – 1023
NEW QUESTION 5
Attackers create secret accounts and gain illegal access to resources using backdoor while bypassing the authentication procedures. Creating a backdoor is a where an attacker obtains remote access to a computer on a network.
Which of the following techniques do attackers use to create backdoors to covertly gather critical information about a target machine?
- A. Internal network mapping to map the internal network of the target machine
- B. Port scanning to determine what ports are open or in use on the target machine
- C. Sniffing to monitor all the incoming and outgoing network traffic
- D. Social engineering and spear phishing attacks to install malicious programs on the target machine
NEW QUESTION 6
George is the network administrator of a large Internet company on the west coast. Per corporate policy, none of the employees in the company are allowed to use FTP or SFTP programs without obtaining approval from the IT department. Few managers are using SFTP program on their computers.
Before talking to his boss, George wants to have some proof of their activity. George wants to use Ethereal t monitor network traffic, but only SFTP traffic to and from his network. What filter should George use in Ethereal?
- A. net port 22
- B. udp port 22 and host 172.16.28.1/24
- C. src port 22 and dst port 22
- D. src port 23 and dst port 23
NEW QUESTION 7
You work as a penetration tester for Hammond Security Consultants. You are currently working on a contract for the state government of California. Your next step is to initiate a DoS attack on their network. Why would you want to initiate a DoS attack on a system you are testing?
- A. Use attack as a launching point to penetrate deeper into the network
- B. Demonstrate that no system can be protected against DoS attacks
- C. List weak points on their network
- D. Show outdated equipment so it can be replaced
NEW QUESTION 8
SQL injection attacks are becoming significantly more popular amongst hackers and there has been an estimated 69 percent increase of this attack type.
This exploit is used to great effect by the hacking community since it is the primary way to steal sensitive data from web applications. It takes advantage of non-validated input vulnerabilities to pass SQL commands through a web application for execution by a back-end database.
The below diagram shows how attackers launched SQL injection attacks on web applications.
Which of the following can the attacker use to launch an SQL injection attack?
- A. Blah' “2=2 –“
- B. Blah' and 2=2 --
- C. Blah' and 1=1 --
- D. Blah' or 1=1 --
NEW QUESTION 9
After attending a CEH security seminar, you make a list of changes you would like to perform on your
network to increase its security. One of the first things you change is to switch the Restrict Anonymous setting from 0 to 1 on your servers. This, as you were told, would prevent anonymous users from establishing a null session on the server.
Using User info tool mentioned at the seminar, you succeed in establishing a null session with one of the servers. Why is that?
- A. Restrict Anonymous must be set to "2" for complete security
- B. Restrict Anonymous must be set to "3" for complete security
- C. There is no way to always prevent an anonymous null session from establishing
- D. Restrict Anonymous must be set to "10" for complete security
NEW QUESTION 10
Kyle is performing the final testing of an application he developed for the accounting department. His last round of testing is to ensure that the program is as secure as possible. Kyle runs the following command. What is he testing at this point?
int main(int argc, char *argv)
char buffer; if (argc < 2)
fprintf(stderr, "USAGE: %s string\n", argv); return 1;
strcpy(buffer, argv); return 0;
- A. Buffer overflow
- B. Format string bug
- C. Kernal injection
- D. SQL injection
NEW QUESTION 11
Tyler is setting up a wireless network for his business that he runs out of his home. He has followed all the directions from the ISP as well as the wireless router manual. He does not have any encryption set and the SSID is being broadcast.
On his laptop, he can pick up the wireless signal for short periods of time, but then the connection drops and the signal goes away. Eventually the wireless signal shows back up, but drops intermittently.
What could be Tyler issue with his home wireless network?
- A. 2.4 Ghz Cordless phones
- B. Satellite television
- C. CB radio
- D. Computers on his wired network
NEW QUESTION 12
Firewall and DMZ architectures are characterized according to its design. Which one of the following architectures is used when routers have better high-bandwidth data stream handling capacity?
- A. Weak Screened Subnet Architecture
- B. "Inside Versus Outside" Architecture
- C. "Three-Homed Firewall" DMZ Architecture
- D. Strong Screened-Subnet Architecture
NEW QUESTION 13
Which of the following attacks does a hacker perform in order to obtain UDDI information such as businessEntity, businesService, bindingTemplate, and tModel?
- A. Web Services Footprinting Attack
- B. Service Level Configuration Attacks
- C. URL Tampering Attacks
- D. Inside Attacks
NEW QUESTION 14
In which of the following IDS evasion techniques does IDS reject the packets that an end system accepts?
- A. IPS evasion technique
- B. IDS evasion technique
- C. UDP evasion technique
- D. TTL evasion technique
NEW QUESTION 15
Identify the type of authentication mechanism represented below:
- A. NTLMv1
- B. NTLMv2
- C. LAN Manager Hash
- D. Kerberos
NEW QUESTION 16
Information gathering is performed to:
i) Collect basic information about the target company and its network
ii) Determine the operating system used, platforms running, web server versions, etc.
iii) Find vulnerabilities and exploits
Which of the following pen testing tests yields information about a company’s technology infrastructure?
- A. Searching for web page posting patterns
- B. Analyzing the link popularity of the company’s website
- C. Searching for trade association directories
- D. Searching for a company’s job postings
NEW QUESTION 17
You are trying to locate Microsoft Outlook Web Access Default Portal using Google search on the Internet. What search string will you use to locate them?
- A. intitle:"exchange server"
- B. outlook:"search"
- C. locate:"logon page"
- D. allinurl:"exchange/logon.asp"
NEW QUESTION 18
Paulette works for an IT security consulting company that is currently performing an audit for the firm
ACE Unlimited. Paulette's duties include logging on to all the company's network equipment to ensure IOS versions are up-to-date and all the other security settings are as stringent as possible.
Paulette presents the following screenshot to her boss so he can inform the clients about necessary changes need to be made. From the screenshot, what changes should the client company make?
- A. The banner should not state "only authorized IT personnel may proceed"
- B. Remove any identifying numbers, names, or version information
- C. The banner should include the Cisco tech support contact information as well
- D. The banner should have more detail on the version numbers for the network equipment
Thanks for reading the newest 412-79v10 exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM DumpSolutions 412-79v10 dumps in VCE and PDF here: https://www.dumpsolutions.com/412-79v10-dumps/ (201 Q&As Dumps)